tranny install problems??

Melissa and I basically got the new tranny into my rocc last night,
everything but linkages/cables etc.  One curious thing I came across, was
that after bench-pressing and bolting in the thing, I could lift the clutch
lever with very little force.  Now, my experience is that I essentially
should have to push pretty hard on the lever to get it to move the whole
way, if at all.  Now, I know that the pushrod linkage on the tranny works,
because I was checking it out before the install. So.....  Is my clutch
jammed?  Is this a pretty normal thing to happen?   If the clutch is jammed,
how do I un-jam it?

The details....  84 8v, JH, FK, stock clutch

TIA,
Drew

**Drew Teague**
Harrisburg, PA