any metallurgists here :)

No, no. I was just poking fun at Larry mimicking his statement about the
Vega engine. My sarcastic self getting me in trouble again!
I know of no problems with the 928 or bigassed chevy CanAm engine
despite their use of the linerless high silicone block.
Good to know the 928 engines are enjoying some popularity with the
hotrod crowd. Way cooler than a Chevy or Ford V8!
Dan