Getting into the USA

I think I just fancy a change of scene, bit fed up with miserable engli=
sh
people, crap weather, boring job, crap goverment etc etc
Maybe  I'll just have to bring in my own bumpers and lights, then pick =
up a
16v once i'm over there!!
As for the Gas Prices, I wouldn't mind the Government taxing us as much=
 on
fuel as well as us paying a yearly road tax if the roads were up to
scratch, but the money seems to go into speed-bumps, Pinch-points, mini=

roundabouts, one-way systems and speed cameras but not sorting out
pot-holes, dangerously bad(slippery) road surfaces and proper driver
education.
I've just done a swift bit of maths and the UK is paying $4.84 per US
Gallon for regular unleaded gas, Thats 80p per liter (for all the UK
listers) if we were paying US prices, it'd be 33p per liter.

There are some great roads in the UK but you can't even go for a blast =
down
a country lane without some little Hitler jumping out with a speed gun,=
 and
If you do wanna just cruise round town for the evening the police pull =
you
over "just to check over your vehicle" or if they were telling the trut=
it'd be "driving a nice car whilst being young".

Sorry for the Rant, just having a hectic day  ;-)

Adam.

                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                      Dan Smith                                        =
                                                                =20
                      <sad_rocc@yahoo.co        To:       Adam J Garsid=
e/UK/Contr/IBM@IBMGB, scirocco-l@scirocco.org                   =20
                      m>                        cc:                    =
                                                                =20
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: Getting i=
nto the USA                                                     =20
                      scirocco-l-admin@s                               =
                                                                =20
                      cirocco.org                                      =
                                                                =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                      25/02/2003 10:13                                 =
                                                                =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20

Well, car importing was discussed awhile back and it's insane expensive=
. As
for relocating, I have no idea, but gas where I am is almost $2 a gal a=
nd
isnt about to go down. And, um, you know there are other roads you coul=
live on.... We got lots of IBMs though, so maybe you could transfer. I =
knew
a few people who came from England to work at IBM for a year or so. I t=
hink
IBM helped pay for expenses and helped set them up with a place and stu=
ff.

Dan

 Adam J Garside <adam.garside@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
 Right everyone, I've had enough of this screwball country. They've jus=
 put
 speedbumps down a road I go down every morning and they keep dropping =
the
 speed limits in my town.
 This coupled with the close to =A30.80p per litre petrol price so it t=
akes
 =A345 to fill the tank on the Rocco means i'm outta here.

 Anyone have experience with re-locating to the US? Info on Visas, Gree=
 Cards Etc Etc. I'm a computer techie person, mainly dealing with Hardw=
are
 (building/repairing systems) and I spent a year and a half as a printe=
 engineer.
 I might have to bring over a container with my Scala in (and a ton of =
euro
 bumpers, lights and 16v inlet manifolds!!)

 Adam,
 '92 Scala 1.8i
 '88 325i
 http://www.geocities.com/little_log