burning oil?

is that true? isn't normal operating temp > the thermo opening temp? so when
the engine's warm, the thermo isn't open all the way? my impression was the
thermostat is either open or closed...

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, finally taking orders:
www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...