got my scirocco and it smells like pee!

In a message dated 2/22/03 11:15:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, sandor@vwot.org
writes:

> Yup...got my 16V rocco home, with its near mint cloth interior only to
>  discover it has a bad funk, distinctly urine in nature!

>  Can you guys/gals offer me any tips or helpfull hints?
>  thanks
>
>  sandor

Hahahahahahaha! Sounds like someone didn't like the previous owner much.
That, or I suppose he could have been a pet owner - only you can say whether
the urine has a human or canine bouquet :-)))))

Anyway, there's a product called Nature's Miracle, sold in good pet stores,
which works just great for neutralizing pee of all genera and species. It
comes in a big white bottle with red writing. You pour it on and leave it on
for awhile. Then I'd recommend a professional steam cleaning if you really
want to do a thorough cleaning/disinfecting job.

Sorry I can't be more helpful about how to disengage the carpet - but there
are plenty of trim/interior pros on this list who will be :)

Take care,
Courtney