speaking of FF tranny...

Dan Smith wrote:

> Where does the FF tranny rank in desireability(sp)? I know the 4k is the shiznit, but is the FF a decent one as well?
>
> Dan
>
> ________

I have driven a Rabbit GTI with it's 4k and My 81 Roc with the same JH
motor (I mean _same_ motor) with the Roc's FF transaxle.

The GTI was very peppy off the line and up through the gears, final
drive had a lot to do with it I think. The Roc originally had a lot
less HP but with the JH motor it began to act like you'd want it to.

I like the 4k, but not the SMS, and of course it needs a taller top
gear.

If you have a boosted motor the FF makes even more sense, even the NA
two liter block I propose will be a good match. It's tough on
performance w/ just 74 HP though.

TBerk