From: "Adam J Garside" <adam.garside@uk.ibm.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 6:17 AM
Subject: Re: Exhaust Options

I've found some quite cheap Mk1 Golf Gti Systems, as they share a chassis
and engine would the exhaust fit or is there clearance issues?
I can get mounts welded/moved by my mate, my main concern is the shape of
the system and where the outlet is in comparison to the Scirocco?
Would a Mk2 system fit as thats the same engine too?

Any one have any experience with this?
Kind Regards,
Adam.
'92 Scala 1.8i
'88 325i

                      Adam J
                      Garside/UK/Contr/I        To:
scirocco-l@scirocco.org
                      BM@IBMGB                  cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Exhaust Options
                      scirocco-l-admin@s
                      cirocco.org

                      20/02/2003 15:02

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a new exhaust for the Scala, the back box is blowing and
the rest of the system isn't looking to hot either. A standard back box
costs £30-50  from German and Swedish ( http://www.gsfcarparts.com ). I was
thinking about getting an aftermarket (possibly stainless steel) system but
my question is, will a golf mk1 Gti system fit my car? I've found that not
many manufacturers list the Scirocco.

Any ideas what will fit?

Cheers, Adam.
'92 Scala 1.8i
'88 325i

PS. Counted my family's cars last night, 10 cars between the 4 of us.

1 Audi Coupe Quattro
1 Scirocco Scala
1 BMW 325i
1 Lotus Elise
1 Vauhall Corsa
2 Vauxhall Nova's
1 Vauxhall Astra
1 Triumph Acclaim
1 Ford Fiesta

Ummm, might be time to have a clear out!