how do i kill my rev limiter on my 88 rocco 16v???

--- "T. Reed" <treed2@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> This can't be right.. since I had my 16v's fuel pump relay jumpered for
> like 2 years and I still hit the rev limiter on a fairly regular basis.
>
> IIRC it is a fuel cutoff (in the relay) on 8v motors, and with 16v motors
> it is the ignition control unit that cuts out spark when you try to
> overrev.
>
> The 16v fuel pump relay is a simple, standard relay with no electronics
> inside.

 That's right... I do recall someone mentioning before that the only way
around the CIS-E rev limit is to replace the actual KE-Jetronic box with one
from another car... I think.

So, the 8v's used fuel cutoff and 16v's use spark cut for the limiter?
If this is the case, would the installation of a MSD ignition on a 16v
allow for a higher rev limit, or would the knock box still be in control?
hmmm... even at 2AM I'm still really curious about this now!  hehe