how do i kill my rev limiter on my 88 rocco 16v???

--- Captnbr@aol.com wrote:
> you can't chip a rocco, they are not that advanced.  And I didn't know they
> had rev limiters,  I've never hit it, i''ve had the car for six years now,
> and yeah its been way up there many times, not they Vr6 is another thing,
> definitely a rev limiter on that engine

 Yes, the 16v Scirocco (CIS-E) does have a "rev limiter" or better known as a
fuel cut-off.  IIRC, the fuel cutoff takes place within the fuel pump relay.  I
was just talking to Josh Conner about this very topic... he thinks that if we
(16v guys) were to replace our fuel pump relay with a FPR from an older
8v (CIS) car, that it would eliminate the fuel cutoff "rev limiter".

Can anyone verify this for sure?

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v