Desperation... any more ideas (16V problems)?

Brian Honnold wrote:

<snip>
> One thing I did just think of, mine was an 86 gti motor swap with cis-e
> that I wired custom grounds into, yours is a stock 16v motor right?  Is
> it possible that the grounds from the idle switch and WOT switch are
> corroded?
>
> BcH

Rev Tosh here:

I want to make sure you have a big ol' honking path for the electrons
to flow around your motor and it's electronics.

Esp the 16vs which have a ground strap from the back of the head to
the fire wall, it's braided copper which can corrode and is often left
off during repairs.

Besides these is the 'brain' and it's need for a good (and importantly
Common) ground, and then there is the whole battery, Alt, Starter
cable issues.

Good mechanical electrical connections, bright clean metal to metal,
coated with something to keep the oxygen out in the future, good (big)
wires and cable free of corrosion down it's length- these are the
things a good running car are made of.

TBerk