JE Pistons & block assembly

A ring file is basically a fine pitch flat file. make sure you measure them.
usually they dont need to be filed but you dont want to find out the hard
way. DO NOT LUBE THE CYLINDER BORES AFTER INSTALLING THE RINGS. this will
end you up with a "wet" engine which will cause the rings not to seat and it
will burn oil constantly. you should also have the bottom end balanced while
you have it all apart. make sure to use lube on the bearing journals when
assembling. oh and dont forget to bring the pistons with you when you drop
off the block. they will need them to bore it properly.

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V 'Rocco ragtop