low compression--what is it?

yeah, i got the manual cable on the way. no, i've only comped this engine
with the new head this one time. tell me more about the leakdown
testing--should any air escape at all with the compressed air if the
cylinder's good? and how do i tell where it's leaking from? do i hear it
bubbling through the top of the head (take off the oil cap?) if it's a valve
problem? thanks!

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, finally taking orders:
www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...