low compression--what is it?

replace the auto adjust cable with a manual one.
I doubt its a headgasket. although I wouldnt rule it out. coolant/oil
transfer does not always happen wiht a blown hg. have you comped it more
than once? if not I would suggest you do that first. you can also use your
compression tester lead for a leakdown tester. roll the engine to BDC and
take the Shrader (sp?) valve out of the end. then connect it to you air line
from your air compressor. then listen to where the air is escaping from.
this will give you a good idea about what is wrong.

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V 'Rocco ragtop