low compression--what is it?

heh heh. yeah, i bought some valve cleaner (one for oil, one for gas), and
gave it a typical flogging. holding off till the weekend for a good one.
auto-adjust clutch cable started to go yesterday (it never ends). don't want
to go to far before i replace it this weekend. i'm hoping it's stuck/dirty
valves (this happened once on the old 1.8). but could it be the head gasket?
or would i definitely get oil in the coolant/coolant loss? i'm going to
recheck the head stud torques this weekend, just in case.

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, finally taking orders:
www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...