Coil over kit recommendations?

I'm exploring the wonderful world of coil over kits. I have
new shocks and stock front housings. What's my best option/deal?
I have seen anywhere from BSI Racing's 'kit' that includes new
shortened front housings, Shine's kits which I'm not quite
sure how they adapt to my existing housings, down to something
by DropZone Coilovers that fit an 85 Golf, might fit the rocco?
Anyone have experience with kits, and comments or suggestions
on what's currently available out there? I see that the springs
alone run around $200. So the difference is the cost of a few pieces
of machined and threaded metal and perches?

Ryan
81-S
85 8v
Rieger GTO/Competition Project (4 sale)