How much tire can I fit in my wheel wells?

Morning list,

	I haven't followed the rim/tire threads very close since I never
intended on shoving anything but my teardrops under my 88 16v but
recently I've been looking.  A friend of mine has a set of rims w/tires
that I wouldn't mind puttin on the rocc but I have no idea if they would
fit.  They are 17x8.5 Fitipaldi's (SP?) wrapped in Toyo Proxies though
I'm unsure of the tire size at this moment.  Basicly my question is,
will they fit on a 88 16v that still has the body kit on it and if it
takes some adjusting to make them fit, what would be involved?

William
--
http://www.techography.com/scirocco (s.org forums)

88' Scirocco 16v (the void)