OT: intent...WAS Re: [Re: Oh baby!]

> if your going to attack somebody on an OT, do it off list..wtf..

Well, now that you asked, I just happened to stumble upon this subject ON
THE LIST!!  WTF indeed!

> Did I say not to remove Saddam? No, I said to do it right.

Ok, now answer the question, how?  Maybe we can drop a trail of reese's
pieces and he'll follow it into the desert and get lost!

> And how do you lump any of this to WWI or WWII? That's a leap of logic
that
> passed reality by in a huff.

Typical, pass off successful campaigns of similar situations as a huff.
Hitler was a dictator that was killing off a whole race of people and taking
over all his neighbors.  Hitler and Mousolini were trying to conquer the
world and the Jews were not part of the 'master race' they wanted around.
So, link this to today's conflict.  Saddam mistreating his own people and
others (kurds) and helping the terrorists attack the U.S. all while stocking
up on biological weapons and probably nuclear.  So, do you think he has a
plan???  Or maybe we should just grab a bucket of popcorn with butter
flavoring and watch the show??

> The US and Israel have ignored the UN more times than anybody, that's
pretty
> commonly known, but did I bash either for ignoring? No, I was pointing out
> that somebody saying how Iraq ignoring the UN is a big deal, but we do it
> whenever we want to, the rules are rules, if you expect Iraq to be yelled
at
> for violating rules.......

Comparing living in the U.S. to living anywhere else in the world is not
tough.  We are not afraid to stand for what we believe is right.  Since we
are a Super Power we can withstand pretty much anything that is sent our way
whether in a war type situation or rumors or not supporting us in what we
believe to be a worth while reason to go to war.  Other countries that
cannot withstand attacks from, say, IRAQ, will be less likely to vote 'yes'
when the ballot to go to war comes to the table.  I suppose that the
countries who don't support us WANT us to go to war in their hearts but
present a different story at the UN so Saddam doesn't annialate them!  There
are other reasons for France and Germany to resist this including oil, etc.
but I think that fact that they are wusses is the biggest reason why they
are doing what they are.  And most europeans, asians, australians, etc. that
don't support this either are ignorant to what is really going on or just
plain down right jealous of our power.

BTW, Josh, where did I bash??  I just asked questions!  You live in the UK,
right?

Dave