Now Pressuer Plate Question

Without an impact wrench, or VW's "special tool", What can I doo to get
those 17mm bolts off that hold the PP on.  The PP has a few ridges on it
like maybe 2 clutches ago was run down to the rivets.  The ridges are smooth
though like normal wear was after the damage.  So I am replacing it with a
much better, though used one.  I have a 1/2" driver 17mm on a breaker bar
but gota hold the crank still.  I thought about using the other bolts as
some kind of anchor point but they are recessed a little ways beyond the PP
face...hmmmm
Any suggestions before I have to go rent an impact wrench for 1 hour?
Thanks
Ken
1979 Scirocco 16V -  Almost done
81 Deisel P/U - Rescued from neglegent PO
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"