gas price was Oh baby!]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rabbit16v" <Rabbit16v@attbi.com>
To: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Re: Oh baby!]

Especially with that stupid .9 cents thing.
> Someday I'm going to get a gallon of gass and chop a penny into 10 pieces
> and give them .9!  Whatever people can do to make an extra .1 cents for
> free!  Stoopid!  I'm surprised there hasn't been a class action suit
against
> the stations that are still doing this or have done it in the past sueing
> for their .1 cent back!

==================================
Hi Dave;
    If the .9 on gas pumps worries you enough to sue you must be ready to
sue about a million things. Back when I was first buying gas ( before you
were born) when they were having a gas war and the price of gas was 24 or 25
cents a gallon they used to change the price from say 24.2 to 24.5 to 24.7
and then to 24.9 before going to 25.0. The way pumps are calibrated the most
the station can beat you out of is less than one cent a fill up if you don't
stop right on the penny. So lets say you drive 32,200 miles a year with a
car the gets 20 MPG and you put 10 gallons a fill in it that is 156 fills so
the station could only beat you out of less than $ 1.56 a year and chances
are it is much less than that so sue away I have more important things in
life to than joining your class action suit.
Brian Decker