Learning UNIX

> UNIX is really specific to some hardware (And pricy too) that you will not
> see too often. Linux is a bit more user-friendly ("rm *" at "/" won't do any
> damage with Red Hat Linux), and runs on cheap PCs.

Eh? How's that? That's like telling people that you can take the timing
belt off of a 16v and crank it over a bunch of times without bending any
valves..

I wouldn't recommend trying things like "rm -rf /" unless you know
*for sure* that there is some sort of protection mechanism to keep you
from being that stupid. There very well may be something like that in Red
Hat, but I wouldn't know since I stay away from those "new school"
distributions. :)

-Toby