From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Neal
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 5:40 PM
To: VWAutox; Scirocco-L
Subject: OT? Digifant-1: Car won't start

If there are any Digifant-1 experts out there (and I know there are a
couple), I could use some help.

I tried to start the '77 G60 today but got nothing. What am I missing?
I'm
not even getting a pop or sputter. Here's what I've checked out so far.

SPARK:
- Inductive timing light flashes while operating starter
...what else is there?

FUEL:
- Pump runs before & during starter operation (and fuel sprayed out of
several not-quite-tight-enough fittings!)
- Test light flashes across fuel injector harness plug (signal to
injectors).
- Injector harness shows 3.7 ohms, as per Bentley specs for four good
injectors (they're brand new).

TIMING:
- Camshaft sprocket aligned with edge of valve cover.
- Timing mark visible on flywheel.
- Distributor rotor pointing at notch in distributor base.
- Firing order=1324
- #1 cylinder is on passenger side (right?)

What am I missing?? Thanks in advance!

Neal
'77 G60...someday??
'88 16v...feeling neglected, but at least it runs