Help me slide my Scirocco better...

Hehe, nice idea, but not a chance. You have to calibrate the computer to the size of your bike wheel (basically, pick which wheel you have out of a list). I don't think they have anything close to car wheel sizes. Also, the pick up part has to be millimeters away from the magnet. Lastly, the way spokes are angled places the magnet in just the right spot for a correct reading. Too much toward the outside or inside of the tire would throw things off. But, then again, I don't know much about creative electrical engineering, so maybe it could be made to work.

Dan