From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Scirocco Pilot
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2003 2:39 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: How do I check for a draw, i.e. battery keeps dying

How do I check for a draw on my battery without an ampmeter?
I have a quality multimeter and good eletronic knowhow. I seem to remember
something about putting a highly resistive (low wattage) resistor across the
battery and measuring voltages or something...

Battery is brand new, sprial cell type, it's cold here (-20c) but not that
cold, car has been sitting for only a couple of days.  I suspect the draw is
comming from an accessory I installed this summer, but can't be sure.
Accessories are Alpine alarm and power amplifier.  car is 1993 bmw 320i. I'm
thinking of putting an"under hood" trickle charger, is this a bad idea?

thanks,

Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever :)

---