OT: Toys for Boys. A new toy for Allyn

Allyn,

Add finding one of these to your list! ;-)

http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/~scirocco/bm12.jpg

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v Motronic
90 Corrado TDI

--- "Allyn" <amalventano@sc.rr.com> wrote:
as much as i'd like any of these machines... if i had one, i'd have no place
to park the cars!!!
very impressive, but i'll hold out for the one thats big enough for me to
walk up to the controls, type in "twin engine scirocco", come back in an
hour and start 'er up :)

...till then, its nose to the grindstone, and the headaches that go with it.

i've spent the entire break so far:
- coming up with a double-redundant, 4 channel, braking system.
- finalizing the design for the active suspension (only loose end is where
to get the actual struts). anyone got a bud working at koni/boge/etc??? :)
how about some experiences with cheap struts that can actually be
disassembled (and modded to my specs). any of the pistons i have found
simply arent designed to deal with the large radial stresses that are placed
on the strut while cornering.
- working on some formulas for coordination of 2 engines, active suspension,
traction control, virtual-lsd, abs, and a bunch of other crapola.

planned for the next few days:
- weld up the gaping hole down the center of the floorpan (where the 'hump'
used to be).
- sitting on me arse :P

Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger Scirocco GTO 2.0 16v (daily driver, 190k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX (30% complete, rocco #7)
86.5 Occo 16v Trailer (rocco #8)
90 Passat GL 16V (the wifes new daily, 190k)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (wifes daily, 290k) **FOR SALE**