VW Special Tool for Stock Hose clamps...

I have a click type cheapie tool from Princess that is better than channel
locks when it doesn't break, but I have a small hand, so spanning big plier
handles may be easier for you. But the golden tool is that cable deal, I
imagine it is pricey, but I hate those clamps so deeply I actually
considered sourcing one. The nice thing about that tool is it can get so
easily into tight spaces, something that is tough with channel locks. I had
more than enough fun with those clamps when the Beetle was chipped and
overboosting and blowing off hoses in inaccessible spots on a regular basis.
Actually the Rocco's have been in better locations so far. But I still hate
those clamps.
Cathy