Scirocco-l Digest, Vol 8, Issue 23

Not to begin a flame war here, but considering that an hour labor at most
dealerships costs 70-90$, I would think half an hour worth of labor for all
the pertinent information on the car is a good price...  Granted, few if any
of us settle for the dealer, which is why we are here.  BUT, with that in
context, I think that is a good price...  But, I am biased.  VW tacks on
another 15-20% on top of that list price...

My 0.02...
--
David Utley
-----------

Quoting "Miller, Chris" <chris.miller@infofoundry.com>:

> I certainly don't make "so much"... wish I did.
>
> Fixing errors on the "official factory" manuals can be a difficult process;
> newer stuff requires checking with Germany since they're the source.  We're a
> pretty small company divided into several divisions; the group doing the VW
> manuals is just a handful of people (Stan, Art, sometimes Peter...all early
> VW owners, like me).  They're busy enough keeping up with the new stuff; if
> you've got specific changes and error reports, email us and we'll try to
> incorporate them in the next printing.  I don't know how old your paper copy
> is, but it must have been reprinted 5 times (with corrections each time).
>
> We've got web forums and some update files on our web site:
> http://www.bentleypublishers.com/tech/
> If you've got "annoyances" with the product, put them there; they don't go
> searching the internet lists for random comments.
>
> an example of one of the things I put up there two years back is:
> http://www.bentleypublishers.com/tech/VW/bentley.vw.fuse.panel.rear.1984-
1993.htm
> Fuse/Relay Panel - Rear Connections
>
> Another is