mk1 - A/C vs. non-A/C HVAC boxes

That is about exactly what I did.  The non AC box fits flush to the driver's side and rear of the
big AC hole.  Located there, it lines up with the defroster vents in the dash perfectly.  I made a
plate with a big hole to go all the way around the small box and fill the gaps at the front and
passsenger sides.

Also, AC and non AC defroster pieces under the dash are different.  I transferred the piece from a
non AC dash to my AC dash (I would have just used the entire non AC dash but it was way worse than
my AC dash).  This was a 20 minute job drilling out rivets and re-riveting with Pop Rivets.  Man,
I forgot how useful a tool that was.

I used a piece of scrap lexan to cover the vent hole on the pass side, no biggie.

HTH

Ron