airesearch T04 turbo

Ryan,
It's possible, but a T04 is a rather large turbo for a 1.8L motor... It'd be hard for such a little motor to spool that thing, so don't expend any low end.  And it'd probably be flowing more air than the motor could swallow, a condition known as surge.  If it's in good shape, pick it up and sell it on ebay for more.  If you want a good turbo for a 1.8L, look for a T3 for great response and good max power, or a T3/T4 for maximum power.
As for what you'd need, well, hehehe, try this:
Upgraded fuel system (larger injectors, better fuel pump)
Stand alone engine management (to control the larger injectors and the timing advance)
Exhaust manifold
Downpipe
Blow off valve
Wastegate (if turbo is not equipped with an internal one)
Custom plumbing for compressor and intake
Compression reduction (stacked gaskets or different pistons)
And that's basically if you wanna run LOW boost (7-10psi)
It's much more complicated than just throwing on a turbo, but it can be done.