H&R race springs + Boge Turbos ?

I have H&R coilovers on the MkII,
> and love them, but I don't need the height adjustment, and would like to
try
> something different, and preferably a bit cheaper.

H&R Cup kits are the best non-adjustable 2" lowering setups I have found.
Cheaper than coilovers.  Still good quality.

I've heard nothing but
> good things about Koni yellows, so was considering them for struts. The
car
> will be used much as the 16V is, some straight line track stuff, and
general
> roaring around duties.

I have run a lot of suspensions over the years, like many of you I am sure.
I love my Koni Yellows, but not for daily duties with any kind of real
utility.  However, towing my motorcycle across Nebraska, it was nice to dial
up the stiffness a bit.

My opinion:

Race: Koni Yellow or Bilstein Sport
Race with daily duty:  Tokico Illumina (much more adjustablilty range than
the Konis)
Daily sporty/fun/aggressive:  Boge Progas/Turbogas.  Tokico HP
Normal Driving:  Boge Turbogas

Ones I wouldn't touch:  KYB, Cofap.

Springs:

Race: Coilover setup (good cornerweighting really helps)
Race with DD: H&R/Neuspeed Race, or regular Neuspeed/H&R/HoR Technologie
Daily sporty/fun/aggressive:  SofSport or lowering depending on personal
preferences
Normal Driving: Springs from a heavier car on same chassis (i.e. using 16V
Scirocco front springs and Jetta GLI rear springs on early Scirocco or
Rabbit)

gd