H&R race springs + Boge Turbos ?

On the topic of suspensions, I'm wondering about springs for the MkI, which
will some day get a more powerful engine of some type (not to be specified
lest a big discussion should erupt, wink). I have H&R coilovers on the MkII,
and love them, but I don't need the height adjustment, and would like to try
something different, and preferably a bit cheaper. I've heard nothing but
good things about Koni yellows, so was considering them for struts. The car
will be used much as the 16V is, some straight line track stuff, and general
roaring around duties.
So what say ye about springs? The car needs to drop a lot, like two inches,
as it stands, I get asked frequently if it's AWD. Seriously. Opinions are
welcome.
Cathy