welding (was: Tranny woes)

> If you don't feel confident, get some
> scrap tube, cut it up in to 10 or 15 pieces and practice welding them
> together until you get the right settings.

most likely what i'm gonna do

> If you don't already have an auto-darkening face shield, I'd recommend
> getting one. If you're a cheapass, Harbor Freight has them for ~$60. Get

way ahead of ya

> the only thing I
> remember him saying was that he used some sort of hole saw bit to do the
> 90 degree cuts.. but that it chewed up the bit real fast and everything
> had to be clamped down excessively.

well, theres this:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=35782
or theres these:
http://www.jointjigger.com/
i'll probably end up going with harbor freight though... i can buy almost 3
of the harbor freight notcher before i hit the cost of the cheapest joint
jigger.

Al