Tranny woes

> > if you dont have the 17mm allen key, you can use a pair of large
>vicegrips.
> >
> > Al
> >
> > You can also use a spare lug bolt and a pair of ViseGrips.
>
>You know, I've heard that before but I've had sh!t luck with both
>techniques.  ZERO success.  THem
>plugs have a way of self-tightening.  Sears has a 17mm hex hey for $11 - no
>brainer.
>
>AFA filling, use the speedo hole and a funnel with a hose pulled through.
>It's just much easier
>on your constitution.
>
>=====
>Cheapass Ron
>'81 Scirocco S - "Victor Jr."  7SM
>(2.0L 16V, GL 4-speed w/ Quaife installed, Megasquirt coming...)

I've done this with a lug bolt and an open-ended 17mm wrench, but it's true
you can't get much torque that way.  It's realistically only possible if the
plug was already out fairly recently.  As a last resort, you can fill it
through the speedo cable hole, just to get you to the store to buy the 17mm
allen and check the level the right way.  :)

**Drew Teague**
Harrisburg, PA

'84 8v Rocco --  "Bruise"
'85 BMW 318i

Winterize your home with tips from MSN House & Home.