Quick starter wiring question

>The fat red wire from the battery should end on the stud of the starter
>solenoid.
>One of the wires, (the heavy one) should have a plastic cover with a tab.
>This will "click" on to the flat tab of the starter. this one is "higher"
>or towards the top of the solenoid than the other.
>The other wire goes, well theres only one more tab...

As for the tab, not enough left of it to click anywhere. I pulled the
starter, and there are a few suspect items. But terminal 50 is clearly
labelled on the rearmost location, so mine's opposite to the Bentley, and in
fact it was correctly installed, and it should start if there is juice to
that terminal, right?

>Place the car in neutral, brake on and the key in start. Using a heavy
>screw driver short the batter terminal and the "top" most tab. The starter
>should crank the engine and start the car.
>REMEMBER. DO THIS WHEN THE CAR IS IN NEUTRAL!!!!!

Well, I didn't do this because I wanted to figure out the condition of the
terminals, and have a good look. Like I said, there are some issues. So
we'll see...
Cathy

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/photos&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca