Quick starter wiring question

> Place the car in neutral, brake on and the key in start. Using a heavy screw
> driver short the batter terminal and the "top" most tab. The starter should
> crank the engine and start the car.
> REMEMBER. DO THIS WHEN THE CAR IS IN NEUTRAL!!!!!

I wonder how many people have mowed themselves down by making
that mistake! Ho ho..

I've started in gear (while in the drivers seat) before but the engine
never catches because my E-brake is always on whenever I start the car.

It always bugs me when people don't set their emergency brake. My father
never does; he just puts his car in 'Park', even when he's on a hill. I
think his excuse is that the handbrake is misadjusted. I need to get on
him about that..

-Toby