Fan Blows but no Hot air...Think I got it ...

Hi Yall , my dsl was down and man did my yahoo mail
get thick !!
Checked the hoses in the firewall and theres a
connector on the hose next to the hose with the heater
valve , one side was warm and just past the connector
was cold so I think its blocked , and I think one or 2
of the vacume operated vents is not working , should
the vent openeing under the hood open and close ?
Theres a valve thingy there but it just is open all
the time and smae goes for one under the passenger
side of the dash . I actually covered my firewall with
that chrome plastic foam hood stuff , they have it on
newer VWs and sure keeps the cab at regular temps
during summer . But since the heater aint workin' it
pretty chilly . - Aaron in San Jose 87 16v