Best adhesive for rear-view mirror?

--- Jeff Toomasson <jtoomasson@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What have you used for adhesive for a rear-view mirror? is there any type to avoid?

Jeff, I just get the little $4 kit that you can get at AutoZone or even WallyMart.  It has a
little vial of something to clean the backside of the button and the windshield, and a little bit
of Insane Glue (like Crazy Glue, but better).  I've used it several times with great success.  I
usually rough the button and windshield up with some 400 or 600 for good measure.  I securely tape
the button into place and leave it for awhile before attaching the mirror.

The only recurrence of failure has been due to little boys, not glue failure.

=====
Cheapass Ron
'81 Scirocco S - "Victor Jr."  7SM
(2.0L 16V, GL 4-speed w/ Quaife installed, Megasquirt coming...)