GM coin holder install....?

Greetings,
   I asked about this on the ashtray exploding note, but did not get any
reply...

Anyone familiar with the GM coinage holders...  They are held in place in
those cars by two small round cylinders that actually slide up the side of it,
keeping it in place in the center console...  I would like to duplicate this
part somehow so that I can install it into my GTI and Scirocco...  Anyone have
any suggestions on how, or possibly an alternative for mounting this in our
cars?

Thanks very much,

David