Is there a way to "bend" fibreglass?

Send pics and it will easier to offer suggestions.  Your description leaves too much unanswered (a picture is worth a thousand words and all that...)

Larry
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 1:13 AM
  Subject: Is there a way to "bend" fibreglass?

  I have a repro Mk1 "S" fibreglass airdam that I bought from a guy in
  Toronto.  I went to install it the other day, and it's about an 1" too short
  on both sides.  It looks like when they made the mold from the original,
  they didn't take the actual contour of the car into consideration (the
  original "S" spoiler is VERY flexible).  The sides are actually long enough,
  but the fibreglass is too stiff to allow the spoiler to cinch up to the body
  in the front.

  So, can I heat it up, or soak it in something to permanently change the
  contour of the spoiler?  I guess I could always cut the sides and add an
  extra inch of fibreglass, but it looks a bit too square in the front.  Any
  ideas?

  Thanks!

  Mark.
  80 S