OT '92 Ford Tempo lock problem

Don't use that door.

Larry
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jacob
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 11:38 PM
  Subject: OT '92 Ford Tempo lock problem

  Just a guess: when list is down any mail sent to it dies. Going with
  that assumption (spelling?) im sending this again.

  Im hoping that power locks are all pretty much the same and that u guys
  can help.
  Short version.
  One door on my ford tempo will not unlock. i put wd40 any where that
  made sense and that didnt work. what do i do now.

  Long winded cersion.
  My parents got me (and my brother when he can drive) a starter car.
  Basicly a car for us to get where we need until we can afford our own.
  The problem: (besideds the fact that its a ford tempo gl, ack...) the
  back passanger door simply will not unlock. the little pull up thingy is
  broken off almost to the visible base so that only a cm or 2 are
  sticking above the door panel. So i cant unlock it manualy. The real
  problem is that the power locks wont unlock it (only the one door, all
  other doors will unlock manualy and via power).
  So I took the panel of in hopes that it was visibly jamed only to find
  out that its really hard to see the actual latch, but I can the the
  little motor that should operate it by the powere switch. I posted on
  diynet.com to avoid asking a scirocco group about a ford, they said to
  put some wd40 on all joints and wait a while and it should work. It
  didn't. Basicly... WHAT DO I DO?