WAY OT: Laid off

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 02:53:48PM -0700, Jeffrey Lowe wrote:
> Probably not appropriate for the list, but we are like
> a big extended family and this is an easy way to make
> contacts.
>
> I got laid off from MCI due to them closing our
> facility and transferring our workload to another part
> of the country. I am on the job until 26 Sep. while we
> help transition our stuff elsewhere( JOY ), but I'm
> jobless after that.

Sorry to hear that, man.  I got laid off from Boeing this spring, still
haven't found permanent employment.  Jobs for engineers are tough to come
by here in Seattle.  Engineering is being transferred out of the country
as an alarming rate.  My job was transferred to some guy in Russia willing
to work for 1/4 my salary with no benefits.

Dan

--
           The Creation of the Universe was made possible by
           a grant from Texas Instruments.

           -from "The Creation of the Universe" on PBS