What is HP anyway?

What was the original measurement. I remember 1 horse- 1 ton- 1 foot is that
correct?

Also a measurement I remember is power to weight ratio.
That is the true measure of power to the road.
Nice to say 150 HP, but is it in a 1500lb car or a 3000lb car?

I would love to get my car weighed at a station prior to my next dyno day.

Julie Macfarlane
Menlo Park Research & Development
Internet Application Developer
www.menloparkrandd.com