Oil cooler questions...

Ryan H wrote:

> Looking to get an external oil cooler for the Scirocco, and I came across these on ebay.
> <http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46098&item=2428573730>

This one is VW stock (crap), it warms cold oil and cools hot oil via the
radiator's coolant.

I wouldn't bother installing one of these, besides they tend to rupture
internally and you get an oil/water mix, not good.

> I also came across several EMPI oil cooler products, like this kit:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2428532809>

THIS is a better representation of an oil cooler, complete with a
'sandwich plate', hopefully the plate has a thermostat in it. That way
it'll stay closed when the oil is cold and only open when things warm
up.

hth,
TBerk