MC bench bleeding

Thats exactly how its done.  your MC should come with hoses and
connectors to connect to the 4 ports.  connect the hoses and run them
into the flow bottle.  put the MC on a bench and use a pole, stick or
something to push the rod in. Doing this SLOWLY until all the air is out
of the MC.  then put he MC on the car with the hoses still connect and
bolt it down.  disconnect and connect a brake hose up one at a time and
make sure the brake fluid does go empty in the MC.  do thins until all
the brakes lines are connected then start bleeding the system in thins
order:  RR, LR, RF, LF.  then u check your pedal and u are done.  I had
to do thins two month ago at my job.  I was lucky to have a pressure
bleeder at the time .  Good luck with it.