Pulled over

Julie Macfarlane wrote:

> As I dropped my speed from 80 to 65, I saw the cop. The mitsubishi kept
> pulling away.
> All of a sudden I see the lights, ahhh, hes going after the other guy.
> Nope. Damn, he's pulling ME over.
<snip>
> Its nice to be recognised, but scarry as heck  :)
>
> Julie Macfarlane

1. K. Ghia was pulled over on Hospital curve (Highway 101, SF, Ca) and
the Highway Patrol guy was soooo disappointed to to see the sorry state
it was in; broken windshield, two tone paint job, inches thick bondo on
the nose, etc., etc. All due to the previous owner, (I Swear!). I _did_
get a ticket for this one, although he let me off very lightly.  He
mentioned he used to have one... you know the story.

2. Just having had bearings and stuff replaced on the Mk1 Roc (via ND) I
turned from De La Cruz onto Central Express way, dodge the one car in
front of me and let it rip up to about 80 or so posted 50 mph, with no
cars around, a twenty foot median and no cross traffic btw). I had
checked the rear view prior to but I was very disappointed to see
flashing lights in the rearview after verifying no more grinding noise.
I let off the gas (sometimes it's not the right thing, really) only to
find out it was the AMTRAK police in a pickup truck. <insert Fred
Flintstone style grumbling> Took awhile to get over that one.

Hmmm, thread drift.

TBerk