[ot] suspension guru's need help on a3

Hello everyone,

I must be getting fat & lazy because I bought an A3
GTI VR6 (couldn't help myself got it from the 50 year
old original owner).

I bought some used bilstein sports/eibach pro kit
shocks for it, and I am not real happy with them.
They are too bouncy like the stock springs.  Better
but still too soft.  I had the shine reals steet setup
on my a2 GLI & thought it was a very good package
except for the looks of it.  I've tried a3's with H&R
bilstein and they are good, but not perfect.  I am
turned off because the offer the same spring rate for
the 4cyls as the vr6 & I think they are a bit too low.
 I am thinking of going with a ground control set up.
Maybe 300# front 200# rears.  (mainly because thats
what shine uses).  What are your opinions??  I will
probably keep the bilstien sports.  This is a daily
driver so I have to have somewhat decent ride quality.

Thanks for any info/opinions,
Tony
95 GTI VR6  (big & heavy)
87 Scirocco 16v turbo (lighter & quicker) FOR SALE
81 Scirocco S (awaiting turbo)