Mk1 strut tower area same as Mk2, Rabbit?

There are absolutely NO Mk1's in any wrecking yard around here (actually,
the computer "system" that the wreckers use lists ZERO in all of Canada!).

So can I use a section from a Rabbit or Mk2 Scirocco?  I need more than just
the strut tower though - so is this whole area identical?  Fender mount bolt
pattern the same?

I was hoping to use my first ever Scirocco that's been "stored" in a field
behind my parents place, but some kids got to it, plus 10 years of rotting
away have made this the saddest shell I've ever seen...  Of course as luck
would have it, the passenger side area is perfect....  :-(

Someone help me keep this rocco alive!

Thanks!

Mark.
80 S