Mk1 Scirocco Downpipe + OXS

> My 79 Roc exhaust did not have a provision for the OXS. I got a
> manifold
> from a rabbit that has it in the mani, just above the six bolt flange.
> Don't
> remember what year bunny. I would suggest swapping the manifold, seemed
> easier than drilling and tapping to me, so that's what I did. It was a
> straight swap.

	ok. very interesting.

> My 84 Gti, which is where I got the CIS w/Lambda for my Roc, had the
> OXS
> just before the Cat, if memory serves.
> I would not recommend leaving the OXS unplugged, as CIS w/Lambda needs
> it,
> or you will probably run rich. HTH  Jeff

	This makes sense. I figured as much. It would probably go into limp
mode and just act
	retarded with the air/fuel ratio.

	hmm.. if i have to get another manifold, i guess i would just go for
headers.

	I hear that their are reliability problems with them, plus they are
really noisy.
	My shitty exhaust (toilet bowl to resonator to muffler to tip ) is
poppy and noisy
	all the time. I wonder how much worse it would be...

--
Curtis
'84 8v Scirocco.