Mk1 Scirocco Downpipe + OXS

I have a MKI 4-2 manifold + 2-1 downpipe and the port
hole for the Ox sensor is on the manifold, I just
screwed it right in.. you sure you have the rigth
manifold ? or maybe there was a set year when they
started to put them up in the manifold. in anycase you
can drill a hole in it (better get a good drill bit)
as the one I have is on exhaust #1 piston, about 6
inches from the head.