Getting the Tranny back in the car...

I know you need to have the engine at TDC when removing the tranny, how
about when you put it in? You said you turned the engine, maybe lining it up
to TDC will help.

I tried the heave/ho method of tranny installation. My neck was stiff for 2
months after. The last time I wrapped a chain twice around the 2x4 that sat
across my engine bay to hold the engine. I hooked one end to the tranny and
used a hydraulic jack to lift, tensioning the chain as I raised it. When I
got the tranny to the point I needed, I used a removable link to hold the
tension. The rest was easy. Harder to explain than do, but I wasn't sore at
all after that.

Of course this is probably old as I get the digest. sorry,

Tom C.
'79 "The Project" Scirocco