New to sciroccos

Classic car insurance is for sure the way to go on a pet car that has an
older owner ( like me) but my company requires you have a daily driver
insured as well, and that you have 10 years safe driving experience.
Unless he started driving when he was 6, it may not work out well. Likley
the US is different, but at 16 (and male) the insurance companies will be
out to grab cash from him I'm afraid, regardless of what he insures.
I'd say an 8V MkII too, lots more in the junk yards to pillage for parts,
and he won't hear "Oh, you need the 16V versio?, that'll be a bit more
money..."
Cathy